We know bad things happen to good people. A DUI arrest does not make you a bad person, but it can have substantial implications for you. We're here to help.
What Kind of DUIs are There?
There are many kinds of drinking and driving offenses including:
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI) - Where your Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) registers at .08 or above, but below .15
- Aggravated Driving Under the Influence (DUI - Aggravated) - Where your Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) registers at .15 or above
- Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) - Where your Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) registers either .06 or .07
- Actual Physical Control (APC) - Where your Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) registers at .08 or above and where you were in control of a vehicle, but not driving. See our section on APC for more info
- DUI Drugs (DUI-D) - Where you under the influence of "other intoxicating substances", which can include illegal drugs, prescription drugs, and even over the counter drugs. see our page on DUI Drugs for more info
- DUI Great Bodily Injury - When a person operates a motor vehicle while under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or both and a is involved in an accident which results in great bodily injury (a broken bone, impaired function of a bodily organ, dismemberment, etc).
- DUI Manslaughter - Where a DUI results in the death of another person and the underlying crime is a misdemeanor (like a first time DUI). see our section on DUI Manslaughter for more info
- DUI Murder - Where a DUI results in the death of another person and the underlying crime is a felony (like a second or third DUI). see our section on DUI Murder for more info
Penalties increase in severity based on on the nature of the charge and the degree to which you were intoxicated.
A DUI arrest does not mean an automatic conviction, license revocation, or punishment. We will analyze every detail of your DUI case to minimize the impact it will have on you and your life.
How do we evaluate your case?
We utilize our extensive experience as former prosecutors to analyze what happened when you were pulled over and arrested and whether your rights were violated. Generally, here are some of the things we look for:
- Did you take any Standard Field Sobriety Tests (SFST)? Sabah is a certified instructor of SFST and can teach police officers how to perform them properly. He will examine whether or not they were correctly administered and whether the officer was properly trained. If not, your case could be dismissed.
- Did you agree to take a breath test or blood test?
- Was the Intoxilyzer machine working properly?
- Was the blood properly drawn and preserved? If not, your case could be dismissed on any number of issues that may arise.
Will my license be revoked?
It can be. You need to contact our office within 30 days of the date of your arrest to make sure your license isn't automatically revoked. See our page on Driver's Licenses for more information.
The officer seized my driver license. Can I continue to drive?
Maybe. If your driver license was seized and it was valid and unexpired at the time, the officer will indicate on your copy of the affidavit that the affidavit will serve as a temporary driver license for a period of thirty (30) days. This temporary license authorizes you to drive for thirty (30) calendar days from the date the officer serves you with the affidavit, provided you are not suspended or revoked for some other reason. DPS will try to revoke your license and if you do nothing, they will. We always request a hearing on behalf of our client's and contest the revocation. If we win, which we generally do, you won't lose your license at all.
What If I'm Under 21?
In Oklahoma, if you are under 21 and you register a BAC of .02 or greater, you can be charged with an underage DUI. An underage DUI can result in a revocation of your drivers license, community service, and fines. If you are under 21 and your BAC is greater than .08, you will mostly likely be charged with a standard DUI.
Why Choose Us?
The Tulsa DUI Guy practice handles DUI cases every day. Many lawyers think that just because you have been arrested for a DUI, that there is little hope of overcoming the prosecutor’s case or that you already have an automatic deal with a prosecutor that doesn’t change. We don't. We work hard to aggressively represent your interests and to get you the best possible result so you can get your life back on track. Complete the form below to get started.
How Hiring Us Works
You Send Us Info
Every case is unique and we need to gather as much info about your circumstances as possible. We get your story, any documents you received, and start analyzing your matter.
We Speak With You
We'll speak with you and discuss all of your options, and how we should move forward with your defense.
We Defend You
We'll work hard to aggressively represent your interests and to get you the best possible result so you can get your life back on track.
Fighting a DUI charge?
We've handled thousands of DUI cases sucessfully. Talk to an attorney today.